Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Book Review: Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater

Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle #3)
Author:  Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher:  Scholastic Press, 391 pages
Publication Date:  October 21, 2014
*ARC received by publisher via NetGalley

From Goodreads:
There is danger in dreaming. But there is even more danger in waking up.

Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs.

The trick with found things though, is how easily they can be lost.

Friends can betray.
Mothers can disappear.
Visions can mislead.
Certainties can unravel.


Review:
Wonderfully weird and unique, this book continues the story of Blue, Gansey, Ronan, Adam, and Noah in their search for the sleeping king.  Magic, friendship, and family dominate this story.  I love being in this world, but I do feel a bit like I've fallen down a rabbit hole.  It just keeps getting weirder and weirder.  How can people exist from people's dreams?  Cars?  What is the deal with this sleeping king and the favor?  The ley line?  Cabeswater?  What is Adam's role and what is his connection to Cabeswater?  I have many questions and I'm so confused, but I do admire how creative this book is, I haven't read anything else like it.  And the characters are strong and memorable.  Every single one springs to life on the page, even minor characters like Piper.  Stiefvater's writing is achingly beautiful.

Oh, and there are almost kisses.  *sigh*  

Gansey better not die!  I will be heartbroken.  


Posted by:  Pam

3 comments:

  1. I totally thought this was the last book in this series. I haven't started the series yet, but I really want to! I've heard such great things. I haven't actually read anything by Maggie Stiefvater which I should really remedy since everyone says she's great. Glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost kisses - oh man, this book is gonna make me melt, isn't it? I really need to start this series, asap! I'm loving everything I'm hearing about the characters and writing and magic. Can't wait to start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to start this one, I feel like I need to reread The Dream Thieves, I had so many questions so I need to really pay attention in Dream Thieves before BLLB!

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete