Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Places Books Have Made Me Want to Visit

                              Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.


1.  Paris.  Anna and the French Kiss and Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins.
I've never been to Paris…hopefully soon!
2.  Central America.  Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard.
I love the theory of backpacking around a country and seeing the real, non touristy sights, but it's probably never going to happen.
3.  Traveling across the country.  Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson.
Again, love the theory of traveling across the country, but I HATE driving.
4.  London.  Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill.
I finally went to London this past summer and LOVED it.  Definitely want to go back.  
5.  Scotland.  If Only by A.J. Pine.
Scotland!  Would love to go.
6.  New York.  The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith.
I haven't been to New York in forever, I need to go back soon.  Maybe BEA next year??
7.  Chicago.  The Shadow Society by Marie Rutkowski and Timebound by Rysa Walker.
I usually go to Chicago once a year…it's one of my favorite cities.

8.  Italy.  Wish You Were Italian by Kristin Rae.
Italy!!  This country is definitely on my must see list.  Rome, Florence, Venice…all of those please.
9. Alaska.  Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid.
I would love to see Alaska, maybe a cruise?  It looks so beautiful.
10.  San Francisco.  Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins.
I've never been to San Francisco (well, I've been to Berkeley, but I didn't see anything in San Francisco except for the airport).  Hopefully soon!



Posted by:  Pam

4 comments:

  1. Paris, Paris, Paris. My dream destination! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen Wish You Were Italian on almost every list that has Italy on it! I've never read the book, but Italy still made my list.

    I went to San Francisco once, when I was a kid. My family drove from Southern California to British Columbia. I vaguely remember Fisherman's Wharf and, of course, the Golden Gate Bridge. I'd like to go back someday when I can spend some more time there and have a real visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the theory of driving cross country too but I hear that in actuality it is a lot less glamorous - just LOTS of driving so I don't know if I'll ever do it in full. I would love to see Alaska and Scotland and do plan to see both some day. ALA MW next year will be my first time in Chicago! I am excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are twinsies! We clearly need to visit a lot of these places together. :D

    ReplyDelete