Thursday, January 22, 2015

Recommend It?

I got this idea from Danielle at Love at First Page.  I read a lot of books that I don't review so I thought I would give a super short review of some books and let you know whether I recommend them or not.

Dead of Winter (The Arcana Chronicles #3) by Kresley Cole.  The world-building and the plot are amazing and unique, I don't think I've ever read anything like it.  This is the third book in a series that I think will be six books, and while I liked it, not a lot happens, I feel like the plot didn't progress at all.  And for those of you who do not like love triangles, this whole book was about Evie trying to decide between the two guys.  They actually both have their good points and bad points so it's a true love triangle and she really is quite torn between them.  I do recommend the series, but this book was a bit frustrating.
Golden Son (Red Rising Trilogy #2) by Pierce Brown.  What a great sequel! It's dark, filled with action action action.  An insanely high kill count and a bloodydamn cliffhanger.  My jaw was practically on the floor by the end of it.  What???  Definitely recommend.
Endsinger (The Lotus War #3) by Jay Kristoff.  One of the best series enders ever!!!  Awersome.  Amazing.  Epic.  You will not be disappointed.  I was on the edge of my seat the entire time because I was so worried about how this one would turn out.  There were happy moments and tearful moments.  I have been put through the emotional wringer.  Fell in love with the characters, the last one was my favorite. Yes, recommend!
Exquisite Captive (Dark Caravan Cycle #1) by Heather Demetrios. There were some things I liked in this book (the complexity of the characters and the world of Arjinna, although we didn't get to see much of it except in some flashbacks), but the pacing…it was soooo slow. Almost nothing happened until the very end. Do not recommend.



Posted by: Pam

7 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Stormdancer, but for some reason have not yet read the sequel or the conclusion! Must get on that! Glad to hear that the final book in the trilogy does not disappoint. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually just picked up the first books in the Red Rising trilogy and the Arcana Chronicles. I've heard such great things about both so I decided to give them a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel pretty much the same as you do on these books! So happy that you ended up enjoying The Lotus War and The Red Rising Trilogy. The Cover was revealed today for Morning Star and I can't wait to have it in my hands! (although I have a year of waiting ahead of me hah)

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3 <3
    Mini reviews are just so much better sometimes. Who has time to review everything?! Not I!
    I'm sorry to hear about Exquisite Captive. :( I want to read it because I love Heather's other books SO much, but the psuedo-triangle scares me. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read The Lotus War series. I saw somewhere else that the last book was a great ending to the series. Also good to know Exquisite Captive. Slowness is one of the biggest book crimes to me. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea, Pam. :) I love mini reviews and mini review round-ups esp of books that I'm not planning on giving full reviews. I like seeing you recommend Dead of Winter because I feel like I haven't seen very many fans of this last book. I didn't know it'd be six books?? I saw some people complaining about this book because they thought it was supposed to be a trilogy and then it got extended and the LT elements really came to forefront in this one. Did you think so? Is that why you were frustrated?

    I've heard that about Golden Son! All the action! I'd heard such mixed things about Red Rising - I'd only gotten to about page 50 before I moved out to the east coast, but it's in my plans to get back to those books especially when you and so many other bloggers seem to love the sequel!

    I tried Stormdancer, but unfortunately I couldn't mesh with the writing :(. Nor with that in Exquisite Captive. But I'm glad to see you've enjoyed so many books lately!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these mini thoughts/reviews. They give me just enough to know if I'd want to read them or not. :)

    ReplyDelete