Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Book Review: Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda
Author:  Becky Albertalli
Publisher:  Balzer + Bray, 320 pages
Publication Date:  April 7, 2015

From Goodreads:
Sixteen-year-old and not-so-openly gay Simon Spier prefers to save his drama for the school musical. But when an email falls into the wrong hands, his secret is at risk of being thrust into the spotlight. Now Simon is actually being blackmailed: if he doesn’t play wingman for class clown Martin, his sexual identity will become everyone’s business. Worse, the privacy of Blue, the pen name of the boy he’s been emailing, will be compromised.

With some messy dynamics emerging in his once tight-knit group of friends, and his email correspondence with Blue growing more flirtatious every day, Simon’s junior year has suddenly gotten all kinds of complicated. Now, change-averse Simon has to find a way to step out of his comfort zone before he’s pushed out—without alienating his friends, compromising himself, or fumbling a shot at happiness with the most confusing, adorable guy he’s never met.


Review:
Utterly charming and adorable!  I loved the e-mails.  Simon and Blue…so cute.  

I loved Simon's friends and his family. 

And Simon: genuine, funny, smart, and articulate.  

This book was a sheer pleasure to read from beginning to end, it had me smiling almost the whole time.  The best kind of light and fluffy…READ IT!

Posted by:  Pam

6 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about this book! Honestly, when I first heard about it, I wasn't going to read but after reading all these amazing reviews I definitely am going to check it out. So glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! THIS. BOOK. It deserves every bit of the hype it's getting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really looking forward to reading this one :) Nicole loved it (as did everyone else it seems so I am very excited).

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite reads of the year, easily. I love Simon so so much. Glad you did, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SIMONNNNNNNNNNNN <3 <3 <3 <3 This book = adorableness. The only thing is that it made me want oreos and I am trying to eat healthy dammit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard nothing but good things about this one. I have it on hold at the library and can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete