Thursday, August 13, 2015

Book Review: Embrace by Jessica Shirvington

Embrace (The Violet Eden Chapters #1)
Author: Jessica Shirvington
Publisher: Hachette Australia, 382 pages
Publication Date: October 1, 2010

From Goodreads
It starts with a whisper.

It's time for you to know who you are..."

Stange dreams leave her with very real injuries and there's a dark tattoo weaving its way up her arms. The guy she thought she could fall in love with just told her he's only half-human - oh, and same goes for her. And she keeps hearing a distant fluttering of wings.

Violet Eden is having a very bad 17th bithday.

But if angels seek vengeance and humans are warriors, you could do a lot worse than betting on Violet Eden.


Review:
I started this book knowing very little about the series except that the cover was beautiful and my co-blogger loves it.  The book has a slow start but then I couldn't put it down.  I came to really like Violet once she decided to deal with her new reality and the relationship twist completely surprised me because it is so rarely used in young adult fiction.  While this book covers a lot of ground it is only the first book in the five book series which is now complete and I can binge read!!!  

I would love to know what others thought about Violet's decision with regard to Phoenix and what it communicates about relationships to young adult readers.

Stay tuned for the rest of the series review.

Posted By: Sheri

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read this one yet but I love when a book covers a lot of ground (assuming he characters don't suffer for it). I hope you enjoy the rest of the series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm into the third or fourth book in this series and I really enjoyed it. I can't honestly say I remember so much about the relationship between Violet and Phoenix. It's been a long time. I'd have to read it again.

    ReplyDelete